Crowdfunding to Help a Dog We Just Got

Getting used to it… :grin:

She met my whole family today. And she enjoyed, shaking her tail quite a bit. We have all respected her place. I want her to feel comfortable with humans and animals. Hopefully we will be able to heal her.

2 Likes

Dog coach is coming today, lets see if we can get her out of the cage.

4 Likes

We are going to the vet to see if its possible to put this Baskerville Açaime Ultra Muzzle on her. It allows her to eat and drink water. It also allows us to walk her and integrate her much faster. They will need to put her asleep to put that on. This adds a bit to the costs, we still need donations as there is a lot to do for her still.

The dog coach didnt call us yet, called him but he didnt pick up the call.

Went to the vet and bought tranquilizer pills, all natural based on dog milk and internal dewormer.

Cost: 30.70 EUR.

Asking Mason to update the first post with expenses and remaining balance.

Had a quote for vaccines, will cost around 25 EUR.

1 Like

It’s cool, I updated it before, I’ll do it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Already sent to Mason, do you want me to forward? Updated total spent and remaining balance as well :slight_smile:

Guys need to vent a bit.

So the ex owners know we need to clean the cage and its been three days. I spoke to them today and her brother needs to check when he is available… Ok… Thought this was a priority. The dog coach didnt pick up my call and promised me he could come today, for sure if he couldnt come yesterday. Maybe I am coming up too conclusions too fast but I am upset. Upset that the ex owners dont bother doing 25km to come here so we can clean the cage, not them, we would clean it. Upset that the dog coach wont come here nor pick up my call or call back. Do these people really like animals? My apologies if I sound too cold. I cant stand this. We devote our time to Gucci. We were told by the vet to look for another dog coach and they recommended us another one. I assume this one wont do any charity, so we accept donations as those come. We are going to make this dog happy and we will be more than glad to prove that her happiness is worth.
Buying a bag of food isnt enough if you can do more. That only makes you feel relieved. If you can do more, then do. Dog coach, this one is for you.

Anyway, vent is over.

Next plan, I need to get her ID card with her full history, then I will get the pill to put her asleep so they can apply the vaccine and see how is the sterilization wound healing. Its all arranged with the local vet.
Took us 30 min to arrange it. Didnt hurt us. Totally worth for Gucci.

I would like to mention that you guys are simply amazing. Your donations and advice are helping her completely. You guys, you are her friends, not anyone else. You are part of her life and helping her healing her wounds. Thank you for being humans.

2 Likes

People suck; animals don’t usually have an agenda.

The best thing you can do with the old owners is to cut them off completely - they’re probably a good reason why the dog is so neurotic now. If nothing else, they did nothing to curb it. They’re gone forever, remember that.

Shitty dog coach who sounds like they’d do a freebie/advice without payment is a dud. Expect that from most people in most professions.

Just sit by and don’t let her see you get peeved, it’ll probably make her more aggressive. Do what you can- quickly for health, and slower for her comfort. She’ll need some time.

5 Likes

Will do so, mate. We will do the best for her.

Here is a pic taken right now.

2 Likes

She’s looking right at the camera, and doesn’t appear aggressive at all.

That’s a hell of a lot of change in three days.

2 Likes

Indeed. I tried opening the cage, first lock and she didnt do anything. She shaked a bit like she was nervous or afraid. Not sure.

The ex owner called me. He is coming here. She likes him as he was the only one that used to walk her etc… At least I can clean the cage and I will walk her too to get her trust. Then I guess they wont need to come here any further. One thing I am sure is that she likes him. I told him to come alone as I dont know about the rest of the family.

Pay close attention after he arrives to see just how happy she is, and how crazy she is when he is gone.

3 Likes

Got it. Will do that.

Lets see how it goes. They werent too close but much more than we are. Though she is getting closer to us. And we are falling in love with her. Man we dream with the day we get to walk her and Steve and they can both have fun.

Reality check. I’m an animal love myself, but hey, You have a professional, the dog coach, who offers you services for free. It’s holiday season. You’re bombarding him or her with phone calls. Make sure he or she doesn’t regret ever forthcoming with the offer.

7 Likes

I called him once today (two times total), he scheduled three times. I am thankful for his help but until now there was no help at all. He could have returned the call which I hope it happens, seriously. I do have faith that all goes well. I just had to vent a bit, I see your point and I may definitely be taking early conclusions. I hope I am wrong Dom! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not to be a huge dick, but pretty sure Miguel realizes this, and isn’t turning into one of his clients. Spanish colonized areas often are poor for this sort of thing, but if someone says they’ll arrive at the agreed time the first time, and don’t do that- they never will.

5 Likes

Just had to vent a bit. He scheduled 3 times… I am currently unemployed but if I had a job I would be on bad hands now :stuck_out_tongue:
No call for him either and its almost 8pm. So lets find another dog coach.

Guys, new update.

Ex owner came here alone as I asked him to as she likes him. And hell, she does like him a lot. They walked and played a lot, she trusts him a bunch and we were able to clean the cage properly. Gucci is fine. I believe it will be a matter of time until she loves us as she loves him. She started jumped like a freak once he arrived! He is a cool guy I must say. I told him my thoughts. Pretty sure she was abused, not from him, but someone else. He is available to come as needed. We werent ready to release her from the cage alone. She respects and loves him, shaking her tail all the time and jumping so much. Hopefully we get there… It was a good thing she saw us next to him, walking with them, might help her gain some trust on us. After all, dogs can have multiple friends, right?

Edit, also spoke to the old owner that we eventually need to cut contact which we talked about for quite some time. Definitely will do that once Gucci trusts us enough. Its too soon still. She needs to feel part of our family as she does with him.

2 Likes

Angels angels… Dog coach didnt fail! He just called. He is coming here right now.

Thank God things are working well. And yes, I was wrong. But hey I gotta protect Gucci… :grin:

My apologies!

3 Likes

Update, good one!

Dog coach is awesome! I honestly take back what I said!

He spent some time with Gucci and he confirmed, she is defensive, something bad happened to her in the past, multiple times. Can be healed. And will be. He is taking her with him tomorrow or Wednesday to his canine center to walk and run with her, analyze her properly and start healing her and giving us advice as well. She will be fine. Very aggressive still. Lets rephrase it to very defensive. He said she will be a normal dog. Apparently she is mixed breed, sharpei and pitbull.

The dog coach apologized for being late, he was busy. My fault for coming up to conclusions too fast but hey, I need to protect her. She has now a new friend.

With all this, he confirmed that the whole thing will be free of cost for Gucci.
I will continue to update you daily guys, I am relieved that things worked well today and that everyone shown up. Awesome.

6 Likes