ExoticVM - Listing Exotic VPS Locations

:loudspeaker:Updates:

• Added a linkback to HostBalls
  • Removed few listings as they no longer provided the VMs in the respective locations
  • Added more hosts/listing
2 Likes

I feel there is still scope for a LowEndExotics.com :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

or talk.exoticvm.com XD

1 Like

It’d be great to have pricing listed on the site. Even a rough guide relative to the others, like “$” through “$$$$$” like what Yelp does.

2 Likes

Thanks @Daniel for the suggestions. I did gave a thought about this few months back and I was being a bit lazy to go through the hosts manually :stuck_out_tongue: Guess its time to implement it then.

I’ll have to come up with a pricing factor, what do you think would be fair enough? (also, rarely any exotic location VPS are below $7/mo)

1 - 5: $
6 - 12: $$
13 - 25: $$$
26 - 55: $$$$
55 - 100: $$$$
+100: $$$$+

Sounds good enuf?

That seems reasonable to me… Although I wonder if any providers on your site start at $100/month.

This might be overkill, but you could make it dynamic based on prices in the database? The lowest price gets a rank of “$”, the highest gets a rank of “$$$$$” or “$$$$+” or something, and all others are scaled based on that.

A lot of the providers probably use WHMCS, so maybe just writing a script to scrape WHMCS prices would get you quite far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have had bad experience in web scraping back in 2011 lol

But this is a very intelligent idea. I’ll try to implement it. Thanks :slight_smile:

:loudspeaker:Update:

• Cleaned up few hosts
  • Added ExoticVM to Brave Verified Creator program