Lifetime/One-time Deals Worth Considering

It’s on sale ever so often. Interesting that it shows 128€ rn. I renewed with WP addon for like 18€ some months back. Pinegrow has a steep learning curve but very powerful.

This post from a Bootstrap Studio VS Pinegrow and others thread sums up Pinegrow nicely:

Pinegrow

I have used Pinegrow extensively (since 2017) and built a few sites with it. It gets the job done. It’s probably the most open-ended website builder out there. It doesn’t restrict you in any way, but it is not very easy for a beginner to grok, and it definitely requires a good familiarity with code to really be able to do a lot of stuff. If you can hand code, you’ll probably have no trouble with it, but there is a bit of a learning curve to the interface. One big advantage of Pinegrow is that everything you do is live. What you see in the workspace is exactly what the site will look like. You can open multiple pages open at once, and multiple sizes of each page, so it can make building sites for different viewports pretty easy (especially since in now supports multiple monitors.) Pinegrow is the only one that will allow you to use third-party templates. You can buy a Bootstrap or Foundation or HTML5 template and open it directly. You can even open sites directly from URLs. In addition to various frameworks, Pinegrow has robust support for both flexbox and CSS grid. I would actually describe Pinegrow as more of a visual website editor as opposed to a builder. In terms of static sites, there’s really nothing you cannot do with Pinegrow. And It produces clean, semantic code.

As for CMS, Pinegrow has it’s own CMS-like features where you can make parts of pages “editable” by someone else who has Pinegrow, but it’s not a true CMS. On the other hand, Pinegrow has a Wordpress version which allows you to build Wordpress sites, so that solves your CMS problem. There are discussions on the Pinegrow forums of alternate ways to build third-party CMS managers into a Pinegrow built website. You should probably look there for more info.

Of the three, Pinegrow probably gives you the most bang for your buck. They have an annual subscription plan, but you own the software. You download it and install it on your machine, and you can use it forever. If you want to upgrade it after a year, you need to renew. It’s pretty fairly priced (I think it’s like $175 for the year.) The developers are pretty good about fixing bugs and releasing new features. In the three years I’ve owned PG, it’s had one major update (ver 4 to ver 5) and numerous smaller updates. The forums are fairly active, but newbies don’t get a lot of love because most PG users are advanced and don’t want to waste time explaining things like “what are media queries.”

Full thread: Bootstrap Studio vs Pinegrow or Webflow - #8 by bgarrant - General - Bootstrap Studio Forum

I think this bundle is what I need. Will they do blackfriday or something? Otherwise I will buy it tmr :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you considered Bootstrap Studio, too? It is a standalone, you own it.

I already have it. I’m more interested in other CSS frameworks. Also, most of the time I just need some simple layouts. After all, the most important thing is the backend.

1 Like

I’d love to see a dedicated WP thread. I would start one but I’m too lazy and fitting words together isn’t my thing.

1 Like

There you go: Let's Talk About WordPress

1 Like

Astra just sent me a coupon for 40% off.
Last year I bought their cheaper package with their BF discount which was 30%, so it looks like a good deal.

Coupon: EARLYCHRISTMAS40

Thinking on upgrading to Astra Agency LTD to have access to the other plugins… :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! :wink: Looks like a good deal. Wonder if BF will be better cause I am looking to grab it.
Then again, I don’t even know now that Blocksy is just such a slick, performant theme. Astra has its’ own perks though.

Edit: Themeover BF Sale (CSS WYSWIG Editor for WP) for Microthemer is live:

from 399$–>199$ Unlimited Sites Lifetime MTBF2020

Since I can upgrade my account from PRO to Agency Bundle, the upgrade will cost me $270 intead of $419
If someone is interested in a group buy the upgrade ($270), let me know.

1 Like

Doesn’t look bad but they have a heavy focus on Elementor and unfortunately no Divi integration so I don’t really need anything aside from their regular plan. Portfolio, I don’t think I’d need an extra plugin for. Not using Beaver Builder either.

Still a powerful bundle :wink: For 270$ upgrade it’ll be a good deal if you use Elementor a lot, too.

Yeah, not sure I need it.
But if their popup plugin is good enough, I can probably skip Elementor Pro as soon as Astra launches their new Header and Footer builder.

1 Like

Have you given Blocksy a try? Also has a header/footer builder apparently :slight_smile:
Although, I am sure Astra has some extra perks but I am really amazed by the clean & simple Blocksy approach.

Havent tried it really.
But I already have Astra Pro and really like it. A better header/footer builder is missing but that’s about it if you ask me.
Some really nice perks are the adobe fonts and custom layouts.

1 Like

That sounds great indeed. I also didn’t look at Elementor, Beaver etc much after getting Divi. Figured it’s best to know 1 theme/plugin better than many just a lil bit. Speeds up the workflow. Of course, knowing about alternatives doesn’t hurt but I try to minimize the amount of different plugins/themes I am using. Qubely is super intuitive so that is one of the other builders I am using.

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing the code!

The regular price for the agency bundle is $699

and that becomes $419.40 after the 40% discount, which in my opinion is still quite some money, even if the package is quite complete.
Do you guys know if the Ultimate Addons for Elementor/Beaver Builder are enough so that the pro version of the builders are no more needed?
Because elementor pro is 199$/year and beaver builder pro is a minimum of 99$/year

I have had the Chance to use Astra Pro without any Agency bundle and I am not missing Elementor or Beaver. Never used them and I can do all I want with Gutenberg, Qubely and Ulitmate Addons.

I agree.
I really wanted Divi to workout but Elementor is just beefier. Essentials Elements and Dynamic Content for Elementor also push me towards elementor. And I do have a DIVI LTD…

1 Like

So the astra pro, which is normally 249$ ($149.40 with the -40% off) could be enough then. Sounds interesting. I’ll try their free version first.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t wanna opt for a sub. I know, when you stop the sub apparently everything will keep working but for how long? Till WP changes its’ core and some paths/rules from the theme dont work anymore. Till an update produces a crucial bug and you need to re-sub for updates? Security…

Very happy if I can make Divi work. If it’s 1-2 seconds more in load time so be it. Especially for unmanaged clients I do a one-off website for that dont want a sub I’d rather have them on a LTD because if smth breaks it is me they call :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or you can split the $270 with me and we share a license :smiley:
Maybe then we can get @Ympker to join us haha a go three-way, not the sexy kind, but still.

Never tried Beaver, but I dont’ think ultimate addons for elementor replaces Elementor Pro.
I have Essential Addons for that. And will probably get this too ElementsKit - Access WP widgets & templates | AppSumo
I think I’ll be all set then.

1 Like