Monday!

Wow nice. How did that happen? Didn’t think it was a holiday in the USA.

I understand that I’m paying a GREAT price for a box that can do what it does, so a lack of support is fine with me.

I’ve found as long as you apply the same standards as you do with other mission critical devices, updates are not much of an issue. There is also a downgrade feature IIRC, I’ve never used it.

I have 11 offices in 2 states and a decent bit of virtual infrastructure with phxnap. I use the RB1100AHx2 (being replaced with RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition, this year. Having that m2 drive for config backups is why I’m updating them. Tired of trusting SD cards with these configs.) as the main workhorse in each location. Then pick up a 922UAGS-5HPacD and add a R11e-2HPnD with some antennas and a case. Phxnap has a virtual routerboard running on a VPS.

If you or anyone ever has a question about mikrotik/routerboards, feel free to ask me. I use these things like they are going out of style.

Are they really as abysmal as they seem? One thread for BGP and prone to randomly shitting itself with high loads?

I wouldn’t still be employed if they didn’t work and work reliably.

I can’t comment on BGP.

From their marketing specifically…

New RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition has Annapurna Alpine AL21400 CPU with four Cortex A15 cores clocked at 1.4GHz each, for a maximum throughput of up to 7.5Gbps. The device supports IPsec hardware acceleration and is faster at it than any previous RouterBOARD device (up to 2.2Gbps with AES128).

I can’t bitch.

It’s also pretty nice because they provide test results of each piece of hardware…

ex: MikroTik Routers and Wireless - Products: RB1100AHx4

Disclaimer, I do not use the CCR stuff. Not sure it’s ready for usage.
I have probably 10 CCR’s still in the box because of issues.

1 Like

…does the “Dude” edition abide?

1 Like

…It’s a league game, Smokey.

That’s why you didn’t post the offer!

If you meet the right guy at MikroTik support, they are quite good. Just few and far between :slight_smile:

BGP is quite shit, but it works well in a small to moderate usage situation.

The CCR’s are smooth as hell, we use them a lot!

clears throat

2 Likes

They fix the ipsec issues with them? I won’t use them for this reason.

Have there been issues with ipsec?
We don’t use ipsec with any of the CCR’s. Some customers use 2011’s with ipsec and haven’t seen any issue there. At least not within our/their use.

https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112545

1 Like

Spoiler:

Update: 3/12/2017: 6.39rc51 is shown to have fixed the re-ordering issue. Testing is still being done to confirm performance. Please test if you can. This has been confirmed by fixed by two users. Bandwidth @ 1ms is around 700Mbit (1Gbit link) single stream TCP on MTU 1400.

:wink:

Ya… I saw that. I was answering the question…