Monday!

Fair enough. Yeah, I don’t see how anyone would call that expensive. If you’re storing Linux ISOs it’s not great, but for core business files/databases/etc - it’s nothing.

1 Like

Dang tootin’. Moving some shit there, too, and slowly dumping the crapnode VPS for anything other than personal playtime. Don’t have time for that shit anymore.

1 Like

1024 GB @ $368.64 per year (3 cents per GB, per month)

No way. I prefer GDrive and clustered minio.io instances at any given time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This still feels like a Monday, even for a Thursday.

I don’t know where you’ve been working…

Something tells me he’s never been in a deep-tech, and I don’t mean that because he didn’t under how subdomains work- I thought those might be “reserved” back around 1994/1995 too, since WAIS/Gopher/etc was kind of something you registered with others to get friendly links.

God. WAIS.

A lot of places are no drinking until the owner/boss/blowhole starts offering drinks to employees.

Maybe it’s just the UK then… :')

Only place where we used to drink was at a tax office, booze & numbers are a bad combination.

Heh… when I worked as senior tech support for a certain very large technology company we’d routinely pop into the pub for a couple of lunchtime brews, it definitely made dealing with people’s first world problems so much better! (For example, “my mansion is so big that my ipad wifi keeps dropping on the 4th level of the north-east quadrant… wahhh”)

Ubiquiti in every other corner.

They ever fixed that lame ass controller they were using?

I had to get rid of them for mikrotik devices that were DIY because I couldn’t stand the controller.

I would totally have suggested that, but my options for recommendations were limited to Airport Extreme and Airport Express. Basically only first party products we were able to recommend.

Yes! It’s pretty awesome now!

Gotta agree to disagree with ya on that. You got me good too. I installed it even. Good job. It’s still the same ole java bs that it’s always been.

My “controller” is my main mikrotik device. I just plug in wifi devices and a few minutes later they are configured.

Edit: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN

Functionally it’s come a long way. We stripped the Java install right back to install it and run it on a VM. The memory usage is a big issue. From the security audits that have been published on the unifi site it’s not to bad from a java standpoint.

There is still hope that the “new” controller will be out at some point without Java, but I suspect this is as likely as a unicorn shitting a rainbow at this point.

100% yeah.

When Capsman is configured and functioning it works nice and is dead easy to add new APs, but I wish it was more intuitive to setup. Unifi is almost to easy and we have a lot of quite large deployments out with customers.

That being said, I use MT at home. The thing that bugs me the most about MT is all the bugs. Recently my wifi started crapping out after I installed 6.41.1. Had to revert to 6.41 to get it smooth again. Tickets get answered with “wrap it in tinfoil” (seriously), and upgrading to 6.41.2 was no problem even though nothing in the changelog was related to those issues. :thinking:

…and it’s Thursday already. Where did the time go?!

Its my Friday today! 3 Day Weekend FTW!

3 Likes