Password Manager?

KeepassXC on devices that I need my passwords often, KeeWeb on everything else. My Password DB is synced through NextCloud.

1 Like

https://app.keeweb.info/ is awesome, it doesn’t even really need to be self-hosted, with all the cloud-storage options it offers (I wish it would offer Mega.nz as well). If self-hosted, then Vaultwarden is the best.

There is only one: Bitwarden
There is no substitute.

2 Likes

I’ve been personally using Bitwarden for a while now, but it’s kinda hard getting used to the extension after switching from LastPass / 1Password, both of which give you a convenient little popup when signing in anywhere.

1 Like

You get that with BitWarden, what do you mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you? I have no clue why it never worked for me then lmao, I just had to get used to right clicking and going through the context menu → autofill to log in.
(this is what i was referring to in my original post btw)

Autofill on page load is an “experimental” feature in the extension’s settings. Enable that and it’ll fill in the fields after the page loads. Not as good as LastPass does it, but it’s not too bad.

Anyone got any recommendations for security on a VaultManager (bitwarden) instance? I’m talking about things like active monitoring, network monitoring, that sort of thing. Anything you’d do in addition to the usual steps if you know a password manager is going to be hosted.

For what it’s worth, I host my instance without any kind of monitoring. It’s served behind Cloudflare Access, and only connections from CF network can access it.

For a password manager I only trust serving it on my LAN. Then I Wireguard in if I need it when I’m away from home. There haven’t been any vulnerabilities thus far, but if there ever are, I simply won’t have to care.

Thanks guys, I’ll come up with something similar :slight_smile:

I am using LastPass. Migrated to LastPass from EnPass because I liked the way LastPass give an option to click and login.

But I am surprised to see lots of people BitWarden. Need to look into it to know how it is better than LastPass.

Why this thread is lacking a poll?

FWIW, Bitwarden (or Vaultwarden) is open-source, can be easily self-hosting. It’s also has a large community.
If you haven’t heard it yet, Lastpass has been hacked one time

Because I didn’t know at the time which ones are famous. But yes, I’ve moved from LastPass to Bitwarden SH and it’s amazing. Android integration is surprisingly better too.

1 Like