QuickPacket looking for a Linux System Administrator (part-time)

Job description

QuickPacket is a dedicated server/bare-metal server provider based in Charlotte, NC. QuickPacket is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individuals to join our team providing help and support to our customers.

The type of applicants we are looking for should be passionate about helping customers to resolve issues and answer queries. Excellent written communication, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and being able to work independently are a must. Having experience with server hardware is a bonus.

Ability and commitment is as important as current skill set. You should be highly motivated, have technical flair, an interest in all things technology, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills.

This is a part-time, Charlotte, North Carolina-based, remote position. While this is a remote position, applicants based in North Carolina are preferred. A reliable and stable internet connection is required.

Work hours will typically be on a defined shift schedule. Applicants for this position will be working the following schedule:

Friday from 8PM to Saturday 8AM and Saturday from 8PM to Sunday 8AM EST (Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5), 24 hours/week)

Required skills

• Excellent written communication skills in the English language
  • Desire to learn and expand knowledge further
  • Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience
  • Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
  • Ability to work independently and be dependable/reliable
  • Have a good technical understanding of hosting / cloud
  • Troubleshooting network/connectivity and hardware issues
  • Communicate with vendors to build and troubleshoot systems
  • Handle escalations for customer and internal issues and resolve them in a timely manner
  • Monitor hardware, applications, and network status and proactively resolve issues
  • Experience with configuring and maintaining Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian/Proxmox)
  • Installing and troubleshooting operating systems through remote consoles (IPMI, IDRAC, KVM over IP)
  • Basic networking knowledge (subnetting, VLANs, etc.)

Desired additional skills

• Experience in dedicated / hosting / cloud industry
  • Familiarity with WHMCS or other similar systems
  • Experience with Windows Server and VMWare ESXi
  • Installing, configuring, troubleshooting physical servers/hardware
  • Experience working in a datacenter environment
  • Advanced networking knowledge (Routing, BGP, Switching, etc.)
  • Skills in scripting and coding (PHP, Python, Bash, CSS, MySQL, etc)
  • Familiarity with Zabbix, Observium, Cacti, Nagios, or other similar monitoring solutions
  • Control panel experience (cPanel, DirectAdmin, SolusVM, Virtualizor, etc.)

Get Started

Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Apply now by sending your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me or send an email.

Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like

Would applicants in Europe be considered at all?
I’m working shifts in the weekends anyway, mostly just waiting for tickets that does not come.

Yes, we will consider applicants from most locations.

EDIT: Changed any location to most locations. We can not consider an applicant from a country that is under sanctions from the US.

4 Likes

I would consider myself for Linux Administrator but not a Job-like person. I am more of a Emergency support person helping people and making their servers up again… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Good market for that, ripe for the taking.

I don’t get it. Could you explain? However, BTW I don’t charge people…LOL coz I don’t do it for money and M still 18 and not listed as a server admin on Freelancer portals. We have Web Hosting Groups and cPanel Forums on which I help and sometimes intervene…

There are a lot of people out there self hosting on unmanaged servers that get themselves into a bind and need help. Affordable sysadmin services to those people almost don’t exist. Someone satisfying the need created by that could find themselves pretty well known, pretty quickly.

1 Like

I knew I should have learned more about networking tsk

1 Like