VirMach Is Upgrading All VPS to KVM

How well does PiHole run on only 256mb RAM?

Runs fine on 128 MB OVZ too.

4 Likes

It should work very well. It’s just a DNS resolver to block ads.

2 Likes

Can I interest you in this beast? Renews at $ 8.79.

1 Like

Is that renewal per year? When is the renewal? How much you ask for it?

Oooh that looks tasty :slight_smile:
Disk is a bit small, but I’m pretty sure I can make a use for idle it

What do you want for the transfer? It’s almost midnight here, so PM me and I’ll get back to you when I wake up :slight_smile:

Yeah that’d be per year. Renewal is on the 27th of this month. Would take just the transfer fees but if the buyer feel generous I’ll donate whatever to a charity of my liking. In all fairness, @sanvit has the first opportunity to take it.

I’ll just take the transfer fees and anything above that (if you feel generous) will be donated to a charity of my liking. I’ll drop you a PM in a bit.

1 Like

OK, I feel a bit glad that @sanvit gets to take it… don’t get me wrong, but it is very hard to resist.

In case @sanvit does not want it, I will sacrifice my bleeding pocket to help you out and get this idling machine off your hands.

2 Likes

I don’t mind standing in line for it. Yes, in fairness sanvit an root are in front.

1 Like

I put cancels in for all of my 384M OVZs. Contemplating canceling that and just hoping for the best, but I want IPv6 native for my toys and tasks, dammit.

When he.net tunnels are too low end for your royal blood.

I hate using HE tunnels because on SVM host nodes, they throw spurious packet alerts on the hypervisor which can’t be disabled and spam the living fuck out of the logs, unless you ignore them, and they’re not all kern.info. That sucks when you’re the fool managing them. Basically, I suck at being evil.

…plus using a 6-in-4 tunnel for DNS is pretty gaytarded.

@Solaire - have you sold it? PMS for idling makes me feel itchy when touching my keyboard.

It’s running flawlessly on a 256mb KVM, even with the web interface.

Still thinking should I keep the 10/y 1.5gb10gb box

Yep, (un)fortunately for you it’s sold. Thanks for your interest, though!

Where can I find a good deal on a 256mb?! :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.oneilonline.com/vps-openvz.php

:wink:

Aaron hunts for more than just virtual machines :smile:

hunter_aaron

1 Like