Web Hosting Control Panels

Cpanel is written in Perl too, and they seem to be alive enough to extort… ehm raise prices

The last I exhumed the corpse of cPanel unencumbered code, it was Perl, C, some Python, far too much shell scripting, and a poop spot of PHP.

I wish that Plesk won.

still Mr Oakley running the show

We’re talking like 2006.

For looking at all those shiny dollars you have to hand over for a Cpanel license,
you’ll need a pair of Oakley glasses to not get blinded by so much ignorance.

CyberPanel updated today. Support for cPanel account migrations and master/slave DNS. I think these are great additions.

Auto import backups from cPanel
Automatically import cPanel .tar.gz backup files to CyberPanel, more details here.

PowerDNS Master/Slave Replication
CyberPanel can now be configured as PowerDNS Master or Slave for DNS replication. More details here

5 Likes

Holy shit, everyone upping their game now.
If only you guys had taken care of this before cPanel messed up… maybe more would have been ready to jump ship once the messed up. I’m worried that you might have missed the momentum.

7 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

If only they would add native .htaccess support it would be a killer panel but that would lose one of the main points of upgrading to Enterprise Litespeed

4 Likes

Hey, that’s me :slight_smile:

A WHMCS module has been contributed to apnscp by a third-party as of 6 days ago. Give it a go and report any bugs that way.

4 Likes
        'APIVersion'               => '1.0', // Use API Version 1.1

God I love WHMCS.

6 Likes

What’s the word on APNSCP? it looks so nice…

https://apnscp.com/features/rampart

I believe froxlor.org and http://hestiacp.com are the best UI wise. If you were to pick one, which one would you pick?

try both… but personally I’d go for Webmin / Virtualmin

I picked froxlor and lead dev installed it for me for a fee. It was less as per him but big as per me. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Francisco 's KVM 4k slice is the machine for panel, I hope I can put 25 people on it.

@MichaelCee Any advice on php memory thing?

Spin up a 30-day demo. Demos aren’t restricted in any such way, so dive in. Worst case is you’re out a few days of VPS credit if it doesn’t fit your needs. If you like it though, go ahead and switch to the 3.1 branch; 3.0 is getting sunset in late September.

I actually got a lifetime license but wasn’t able to install it on a Kimsufi dedi, went smooth on Hetzner when I tried it there (back when the lifetime licenses were gifted). I like it.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

If you ever run into an issue during bootstrapping (or bug for that matter), send a report to [email protected] with the last 15 lines from /root/apnscp-bootstrapper.log. Bootstrapping should be robust at this stage to accommodate any metal or virtualized environment.

1 Like

I am still a huge fan of Webmin/Virtualmin for everything personal. I use it since years, it has its quirks, but it never really disappointed me. It has way more features concerning server control without the need of a console than DirectAdmin.

But it’s (in my eyes) not ideal for hosting providers. I was always under the impression that it is built for Administrators, not End-Users.

I still have a cPanel VPS with KnownHost to host family & friends, but will probably switch to DirectAdmin there. It provides more that Virtualmin to them, a bit less than cPanel and is therefore the perfect solution not to overwhelm them with options.

1 Like