Web Hosting Control Panels

I am waiting for @Francisco to get some servers in stock. Will use it to test and then if goes well will become a NS as wit DA need licence for server even if NS.

Keep us in the loop how it goes with testing.

1 Like

These are a few servers in stock in Las Vegas and New York if anyone is interested.

1 Like

Did you get one?

Yep. Picked one up in NY. Waiting for it to be provisioned at the moment.

1 Like

On this topic @QPS @Jarland I notice your Softaculous licenses don’t specify they have to be internal… do they have to be? Currently on a trial.

Noice.

Yes, we only sell licenses to be used on our network. More reason to buy servers from us!

3 Likes

Curious what specs you got?

I have EU and NY 512s. 200MB max usage with 6-10 sites.
(And still cheaper than your run of the mill shared host).

No doubt an upgrade or three will be necessary.

Picked up the 512MB should be sufficient for me to test DA. Been doing lots of research about setting up DA trying to pull together an installation cheat sheet

1 Like

I hope you are right, cause the pony-boy recommends 1GB of RAM

2 Likes

Thought I’d risk it, using as more of a learning curve really to get my head round installing, trouble shooting, etc. Thanks for highlighting it though.

3 Likes

Yeah, seen no major performance issue with a few personal sites. A bump in specs probably recommended when plugins and wordpress get involved.

Averaging 200MB ram on a 512MB slice. I have a few more personal sites to move over, and I’ll see how it does with 10-20 sites and upgrade when possible. Not sure how upgrading works with the lack of stock.

Are you keeping cPanel for SmallWeb or looking to convert to DA for that as well? I only host personal/family stuff so don’t sell web space but if it works out with DA I will probably just buy a lifetime licence and be done with it.

1 Like

I plan to keep cPanel (just waiting on provider recalculations). I’ve planned to offer DA additionally for a couple months now.

1 Like

BuyVM stock notifiers? buyvmstock.com is down.

I want to try DirectAdmin

1 Like

https://apnscp.com/ is pretty easy to install. Anyone else playing with it?

@Francisco posted here

3 Likes

There’s surprisingly a large support for Webmin here and it’s quite nice!

Anyone knows where to modify the account setup script on Virtualmin so I can modify Nginx and PHP-FPM templates? Code or UI-wise? Thanks.

1 Like

Thats an old user interface. so far it has been improved alot. and even supports mobile.
https://control-webpanel.com/demo

3 Likes

My idea !

Any PERL coders can contribute here :

Aren’t they all dead by now?

2 Likes