Let's Talk About WordPress

Yes ofcourse. Though its quite optimised cdn wise, it still loading images and external scripts. Compared to other ad networks however I have noticed it to be faster.

I noticed that I have to load all the ads then the lazy load images are loaded.

This makes few seconds delay.

I’m using Google auto ads.

Took me a few days to give it a try but this is incredible…! Such a small learning curve and the results you can get are insane. I don’t think I’ll ever use another theme!

Cheers.

1 Like

Me again…

I want to include an interactive flow chart in a WordPress site - so basically you get asked questions and you choose yes, no etc. and then based on your answers the site gives you a suggestion… anyone know a plugin that could do this?

Im drawing blanks just googling because Im not really sure what you’d call this!

It is really neat. I hope it stays free. Right now they call themselves a “Free Premium” Theme which they are for sure :slight_smile:

Just saw it even has a feature where you can add your Google Analytics and can - in the theme - toggle “IP anonymization” :open_mouth: This won’t stay free forever :S

1 Like

Fluent Forms again. Maybe.
You could set it up as a quiz, then use conditionals to show/hide questions, and the last step could be the suggestions as an image.

Disclamer: Never tried it, but I know the plugin has these features (quiz mode, conditionals, image fields), just not sure they play well together for your scenario.

1 Like

I use sucuri Wordpress plugin mainly for the file integrity checker. It’s usually installed by default on Centmin Mod Wordpress auto installer configurations :slight_smile:

Rest of security is done by Nginx level i.e. rate limiting Wordpress logins and using Cloudflare Firewall and WAF.

Centmin Mod has it’s own Wordpress auto installer with preset full HTML page caching options see link at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/differences-between-wordpress-regular-install-vs-centmin-sh-menu-option-22-install.15435/

and you can see examples of centmin.sh menu option 22 Wordpress auto installer below on Centmin Mod’s blog (which is installed via Centmin Mod Wordpress auto installer of course :grin:)

2 Likes

As TTFB speed is relative so if your origin web server is located further away from test location then TTFB is higher.

This is due to Cloudflare not caching HTML content by default (see below). So for optimal TTFB speed, you want your origin real web server to be hosted in a location closest to your majority traffic visitors and then put Cloudflare in front. For instance, my forums has 50% US visitors 40% Asian visitors and 10% Oceania. So my optimal geographic location for my origin is US West Coast as it sits in middle of US, Europe and Asian so equal round trip times for majority of visitors.

Cloudflare cache certain static content https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172516-Which-file-extensions-does-Cloudflare-cache-for-static-content- but not dynamic/static generated html itself by default (which is what WPT TTFB is testing for). But you can tell Cloudflare to cache dynamic/static generated html content to some extent depending on Cloudflare plan you’re on via cache everything page rule or via CF Workers but have to be careful to only do this for static html content and not dynamic html content (otherwise you would cache private logged in user content).

I use Cloudflare with my Centmin Mod auto installed Wordpress blog at https://blog.centminmod.com on a $5/month Upcloud VPS server :slight_smile:

loader.io 500 user 1 min test results for blog with brotli HTTPS compression

GTMetrix results from various countries :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks i have not seen this tutorial . once again thanks @eva2000

2 Likes

Okay,
If I have to choose between Divi and Qubely, which I should pick.

Usecase:
only 1-2 sites of mine, I’m a cheap guy that likes to do everything on my own (whenever I can) that’s why I’m not gonna hire someone to do it for me.
also, I’m open to other options like the theme-forest dot com collection.

Divi Lifetime deal is hard to beat, I think. Likely around longer than Qubely but then Qubely is minimalistic and divi a swiss army knife. Id grab Divi on bf sale with some nice freebie (thwy always have some on bf sale) : Join Elegant Themes

well, I hope it goes more than -50% then

1 Like

Likely only down to 180$ max. If you dont wanna spend so much, Qubely is more affordable for sure :slight_smile:

Grrr, I might then be looking for a group share I guess.

1 Like

Divi, despite all the “slowness” it is said to have, is a premium page builder and wordpress theme/plugin with regular updates and a very large community. Given that many themes charge 100$/year for updates they can’t really go lower than 180$ for lifetime. Many people keep hating about its’ speed or other stuff but its’ market share and popularity can’t be denied. And if used correctly, I think it is a great product.

See: Divi Usage Statistics

1 Like

I agree, I never denied its popularity neither quality, both incomparable in some way.
its just $180 for couple small sites is a bit off. fiverr WP designer can do both for like $50 and with DIVI.

anyways, whoever wants to share a Divi lifetime, give me a shout.

1 Like

Pmed you. Qubely is definitely a slick and affordable option, too :slight_smile:

I bought LiveCanvas lifetime for $99 (BF offer 50% off). They have a 30 day money back guarantee, so have some time to test it.

1 Like

Tell me how you like it. Was looking to get it, too :slight_smile:

Heya guys, anyone familiar with Scability Pro?