Xiaomi

I decided to try LineageOS on my phone playing a few games seem a bit more lag compered to MIUI.

AnTuTu bench on LineageOS is 17% less then MIUi.

LineageOS

MiUi

1 Like

Mine is the v2 and has some extra futures after that.

Unsure what is that makes my phone that slow.

Spotify certainly does not help ( its noticeable when itā€™s not active).
Have to agree it looks much nicer ( sadly a bit slower too) with some features I would have like to have had before but hey it was cheap enough and does and did what it was supposed to.
Now itā€™s even better

Edit was unsure about the ads.
Now I can confirm those heh

I donā€™t have an Xiaomi phone, but I have a Yeelight Color. No complaints, works with IFTTT, siri, alexa and all of that.

Iā€™d recommend it to anyone who wanted a Philips Hue bulb but didnā€™t want to pay the price for it.

2 Likes

Just ordered the Mi 9! Arriving tomorrow, courtesy of my new employer :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice! Great value for the money. Enjoy your phone!

Iā€™ve had the MI band 1, 1s, 2 and currently the 3. Iā€™ve had almost every powerbank they ever offered, and 3 Yeelights. Oh and the Pistons, Iā€™ve had the 2, 3 and currently the piston basic and the advanced piston version (canā€™t think of the name, they go for 20 bucks). And the Bluetooth version of that, too. Probably forgot a few thingsā€¦ They have awesome tech toys for adults!

3 Likes

Nice! I currently have the Redmi 5 Plus which has been absolutely solid. Looking forward to receiving the Mi 9 though! I currently have the Mi Band 2 as well, but Iā€™ll be buying the Mi Band 4 once itā€™s properly available in the UK :smiley:

3 Likes

I got the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite and I got loads of connectivity problems with both wifi and 4G. I could just touch the bottom of the phone and the connection/signal got lost.

My next Xiaoimi will be one of their upcoming androidone-phones.

Damn, sorry to hear that! Was that a common problem with the Mi 8 Lite? Or was it just an unfortunate occurrence?

Mi A1, super happy.

2 Likes

Redmi 5 Plus, recently being acting really weird. Spotify wonā€™t detect my desktop consistently. Discord fails to send messages consistently, fails to grab channel updates. Reddit app fails to load comment chains until I retry for the millionth time.

I updated to the latest available MIUI and everything seemed to be better for a little bitā€¦ but all came back. I thought it was a Discord bug early on but the problem has slowly started affecting all of my apps. Even N26 fails to send requests sometimes or straight up crashes.

Anyone had this problem? What do? It honestly looks like built in obsolescence to get me to upgrade. Thinking about nuking MIUI and going to another OS instead.

1 Like

Thatā€™s weird as hell. I doubt itā€™s intended behaviour. Have you recently installed anything new? I would try factory resetting it.

1 Like

Most people i know who use Xiaomi products are quite satisfied with it

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just realised that the Mi Band 4 is available for purchase in the UK as of today. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth getting though. Additionally, Iā€™ll need a replacement strap as I canā€™t wear silicone. I might just keep the Mi Band 2 for now.

Nope. If it comes to factory resetting Iā€™d rather move to another OS. The main reason I didnā€™t do that already is because when I got it, they managed to delay my unlock by literally months, which successfully put me off.

How so? The unlock period was 72 hours, then they changed it to 168 (which is what I had). Any particular reason as to why you donā€™t like MIUI?

I just wanted to experiment with different OSā€™s and also wanted to be rooted and free to do what I want. Yeah, I canā€™t even remember the details but it kept extending, and extending, and extending, for whatever reasons. Then I gave up and waited a few months, and after those few months it seemed to have forgotten about all of the previous times Iā€™d waited and had reset the unlock period, which was now 1 week. I gave up after that point.

Weird haha. Well technically, youā€™ll still be running Android :wink: My go-to used to be LineageOS, but then I fell in love with MIUI. I actually installed LOS on my Redmi 5 Plus but found that MIUI performed much better (and actually supported the aspect ratio).

2 Likes

I should have said distro, but yeah. Anyway I guess if I canā€™t get to the bottom of it, Iā€™ll begin the fun unlock period fuckery again.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d just stick to the MI band 2 if I were you. The 3 was a nice upgrade, but Iā€™ve only paid like 15 quid for it and only because the MI band 2 was severely damaged (got stuck). Admittedly, I got one for the girlfriend because the 3 allows you to read a message from your wrist, which is something she was missing. Wonā€™t be getting the MI band 4 either, unless the MI band 3 gives up on me. Not much features I fancy.

2 Likes

I do not hope its a common problem. I hope for the rest of the community that my phone is defective.

2 Likes