Your preferred SSH terminal

Wow. Wasnt aware of this. Looks good. Thanks

Revisiting this, to add: on the phone I use JuiceSSH, awesome developer.

On the (Linux) desktop, itā€™s mainly any terminal, but currently favor xfce4-terminal (even though I do not use nor like XFCE) for the flexibility in settings (a minor advantage that I donā€™t remember right now).

Tabby on a daily basis , termius for mobile.

1 Like

My renewal for Termius is coming up. I hate that they lock you in to their service, and am therefore seeking an alternative. I stumbled across Royal TS yesterday which works really, really well. Unfortunately, the font rendering seems a little broken on Windows (specifically for the following character: āÆ). Does anyone have any other good recommendations? Maybe itā€™s time to revisit Tabby

I used Termius a while back, but quit for the same reasons. I mostly just keep and sync my config in ~/.ssh/config now (and use whatever terminal for mac/Linux).
For Android I use JuiceSSH, I think itā€™s named. No sync between these, but for my usage, no big deal.
With RoyalTS, the standalone ā‚¬45 licence is without sync? Or what does the ā‚¬99 ā€œServerā€ licence add? (I donā€™t use Windows much, just keep the ssh config in WSL Debian, or sometimes I use MobaXTerm free.)
I did use/try Tabby, but canā€™t recall why I didnā€™t stick with it ā€¦ (getting old, I guess) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been a happy user of MobaXterm (free version) on Windows for years :slight_smile:

I loved MobaXterm, but I need something that works across Win/Mac/Linux/Android :confused: Android is the only part Iā€™m not too fussed about as I can get by with JuiceSSH

2 Likes

Itā€™s around Ā£80 for TS/X (which Iā€™d need as I need it for multiple platforms). The price is more than reasonable, I just need to figure out the font rendering issue on Windows before I can commit to it. Otherwise, it ticks all of the boxes I need

Last time I tried, MobaXterm worked with Wine on Linux. Maybe thereā€™s a workaround for Mac, too. Then again, Android will be difficult to get :confused:

1 Like